Monday, March 26, 2007

Have you or has someone you know been exploited because of age or declining health?


March 25, 2007 10:11 a.m.
Yes, both my mother and aunt.. and by the same person.. my sister. Despite my pleas to the State of RI and local authorities, no one would help.

March 25, 2007 07:56 a.m.
I work with the elderly and their families in a hospital. I see financial exploitation and neglect on a regular basis. If we report these situations, the Department of Elder Affairs does NOTHING at all to help these people. You get a shrug of the shoulders from them! They say there is nothing they can do, they don't have the "power" to take the case to court so they sit back and absolutely nothing. There is no elder protection in the state of R.I.

My heart goes out to the residents of Rhode Island that made those comments , I know your pain.
My family in Florida has reported my mother's case of elder abuse repeatdly a paper trail of destruction was left behind however these cases involving family are extremely difficult for authorities to solve and by by pursuing civil action and continuing to keep this case in the public eye we hope that justice will prevail .

No comments: