Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Everything You Wanted To Know About Pressure Ulcers But Were Afraid To Ask!

by Felicia Curran www.boxerlaw.com

Do you know what a pressure ulcer is? I didn’t, until my mother acquired a Stage 4 pressure ulcer during a hospital stay ten years ago. I had no idea what they were, or how they were formed. I learned quickly, though, and helped my mother get appropriate care that got her back home with my Dad -- though only after a two-month stay at a convalescent hospital.

Don’t let pressure ulcers happen to your Mom or Dad. Educate yourself on the causes of pressure ulcers. If your loved one develops a pressure ulcer, be pro-active in getting appropriate treatment, and don't let them tell you that it can't be healed. A general guide to prevention from the National Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel (NAPUAP) is available online, in PDF format.

Abridged Read it all here >>

No comments: