Saturday, July 21, 2007

Mel Fisher - "An Elder To Remember"!

Key West, Florida -

Mel Fisher was a dreamer, a visionary, a legend, and most importantly -- "The World’s Greatest Treasure Hunter"!

Mel was able to do what many us have not... or maybe never will.

He realized and achieved his biggest dream during his lifetime.

Everyday he insisted, “Today’s the Day”!

After 16 years of searching for the two Spanish galleons, the Nuestra Senora de Atocha and the Santa Margarita that sank in 1622 off the coast of Key West, Florida, he found the $450 million dollar "Mother Lode” from the Nuestra Senora de Atocha.

Most of the gold was on it's way back to Spain in the form of royal taxes for the king, but a lot of it was unregistered pirate contraband.

Mel inspired many a person in so many ways to never give up on their dreams, many of the people whose lives he touched during his quest, are now accomplished individuals that followed his example and remembered his "mantra", "Today's the Day"!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I personally worked for Mel and Treasure Salvors Inc. which was the original company that Mel and his family created, and I was only 16 years of age and working with a work permit at the time.

I was giving guided tours and working in the gift shop for Mel and Delores Fisher.

They were not only treasure hunters, they were my extended family and the Fisher's encouraged me to follow my dreams!

I am now a retired professional, and I have Mel Fisher and his family to thank for my achievements.

Mel was the finest elder I can remember in my life and was such a big part of my life at that crucial time of my life and still is now as I approach my 'elder-hood'.