Saturday, December 1, 2007

Helping fight Elder Abuse in Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic.



Friday night I was asked to go on live on Channel 3 in Puerto Plata, in the Dominican Republic . The show was entertaining and I took that opportunity to take the station's director Manuel aside and ask him to review the our web site; "ElderAbuseHelp.Org" and to help me produce and air a video to help bring more government funding to a nursing home in Puerto Plata that's doing such a effective job with very limited resources.

I was asked to sing and dance, although I am not either a singer or a dancer, I will do
anything for or to highlight the Plight of Our Elders. I made a poor but honest attempted to sing and dance to the local music.

The hospitality and the party after the show was fantastic and reminded my why I fell in love with the Dominican people many years ago.

I thank Manuel for asking me to appear on the show. I was able to do something I have not done in three long years, which was sing and dance and to be again the person I was once was before the malicious and deprecating act of elder abuse was inflicted upon my mother, Clara Fernandez .

["I would love to thank all of our readers of E.A. for having logged on over 50,000 times from 5,700 cities across the globe!"]

No comments: